• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Dividing head 50$

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
@Brent H Thanks for the offer, I never got a reply and it’s no longer available. Somebody must be happy in Ontario.

Very typical of my Kijiji experiences as well. No reply and then gone:( Out of about a dozen or so Kijiji enquires I have made I have only ever landed 3 or 4 items and those were the one's I got a response for.

Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
I wonder whatever a lot of these "deals" even exist or are things that fell of the truck for very quick sale.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
Having bought and sold a bunch of things on Facebook Marketplace, I can tell you that when I price something right I will get tens of messages in response.
I do try and reply to every message but it is difficult. So in the case of the dividing head, I expect the seller was overwhelmed with messages and so didn't feel the need to respond.
Poor etiquette? You bet.
My belief is that seller ratings on Facebook Marketplace drives different behaviour.
Kijiji, Used.com and Craigslist don't have a similar social mechanism so there's no incentive to be responsive.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Yes that could have happened but I would expect that to happen at just say around $200 mark as well. I once priced pencils for something like $20 a box that were on amazon for $50. Who knew people wanted to kill over these pencils?

We do not really get any deals like this on Alberta so hard to have much experience with these. I almost do not buy anything of FB marketplace / Kajiji - most "deals" there are way, way, way too expensive -sometimes people want more then for new item!

I usually do sell on Kajiji and FB. I also sell a lot on auctions. People can be like "I want this for free" & you get more $$ even after huge auction fees. I.e. new item is 150. You try to sell on FB for 50 people argue 30. You go on auction and it sells for 80 plus fees - like 95 - your cut is 65.