• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Digital subscription emails

darrin1200

Darrin
Did anyone else recently receive a bunch of machinist related digital subscriptions. I got 3 in my inbox this morning, saying thank you for subscribing.
They are from “Village Press Publications”.

Just curious, as this is the only machinist group I am actively on.

C28ACC57-F5F5-4585-8E12-73071E32ABE6.jpeg

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
This could have come from anyone in your contacts list, sounds like someone did you a favor (note of sarcasm) and signed you up. Don't open any of the links.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I agree with other advice given here. Change your email password using another computer, don't click on any links, and send future messages to junk. If it's too late and you already clicked on a link, disconnect from the internet and restore from a backup asap.

darrin1200

Darrin
Don’t worry guys. I never click on anything I don’t know.
I get this kind of junk spam all the time, it was just curious because I got three machinist ones at the same time.
The machinist clue, for the spammers, could have come from a number of places. Such as my amazon account or Facebook. This email is primarily for my business, so I can’t readily just change it. I’ll just keep sending suspicious mail to the junk pile.