• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Machine Deckel FP1 description by Stefan Gotteswinter

Machine

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I've been after a Deckel FP1 - for over 30 years. they are as scarce as hens teeth in Canada, and my first mill purchase was supposed to be one, but 'bad things happened'...

Stefan has purchased one, and he describes their versatility far better than I ever could. This machine was the first mill I used, and I consider it tho be the most versatile mill available.

here's his video:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I knew FP1's were versatile machines but his still pictures really demonstrate the setup capabilities. I didn't know they/parts were still available from factory.
That would be a perfect machine for me but for now I will have to settle for the 1/12 scale plastic model LOL.
There is one on Ebay. I wonder (out of morbid curiosity) what they go for new.

Attachments

• SNAG-2022-09-25 11.40.16 AM.jpg
    SNAG-2022-09-25 11.40.16 AM.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 10
  • SNAG-2022-09-25 8.57.59 PM.jpg
    SNAG-2022-09-25 8.57.59 PM.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The Ebay listing, which is a seller in Germany, referenced 1300 CAD shipping. The machine is 500-600kg depending on what's mounted. I don't why I thought it would be a lot more. OTOH, all of our Asian iron makes a longer ocean journey. Stefan had a lot of accessories. I bet that adds up in a hurry. Getting a decked out one in nice shape would be a score. Then there is the electrics...
Ahhh... I'll file this thought under Lotto649 Proceeds.

Attachments

• SNAG-2022-09-25 9.04.05 PM.jpg
    SNAG-2022-09-25 9.04.05 PM.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 4

Hacker

Super User
I've been after a Deckel FP1 - for over 30 years. they are as scarce as hens teeth in Canada, and my first mill purchase was supposed to be one, but 'bad things happened'...

Stefan has purchased one, and he describes their versatility far better than I ever could. This machine was the first mill I used, and I consider it tho be the most versatile mill available.

here's his video:

They are really nice mills. My first mill was to be a FP1 as well but the U of A was a little quicker with the cash. I've never have seen another listed around here. But on the positive side I did get the lathe that I have from that fellow and have made a friend.