• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Deciding on a mill

Galoot

Now that my CNC controller is done and working, I'm looking intoa mill I can connect it to. When I started this project it was
for isolation routing of printed circuit boards, so accuracy ismy main objective. Question is can anyone tell me how much of
a difference ball screws make? Besides to the price tag of course! Is it worth the difference in cost to go with ball screws?
One factor I thought of is that GRBL has no backlash compensation so ball screws would reduce that effect. I think other
s/w such as LinuxCNC or Mach4 has backlash compensation though which would be cheaper than GRBL and ball screws
But I dunno...

Pardon the late reply. Mach3 has backlash compensation so that might be another cheaper option.

Back