• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Dean Smith and Grace T17 precision toolroom lathe - London Ontario $2500

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Is your shop up to owning this lathe? It is a beast. But a precise beast

If you have the space and can handle the expense of movers this may still be a deal.

Buyer to verify the model with the seller...

336492811_5649835111788837_6322630315827777514_n.jpg

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
What is the fourth rod running end to end at about the way level?
I think, but I am fully open to correction, that this rod is used for stop blocks which will disconnect the feed at set points. Usually this is the lowest rod.

In support of my argument I refer you to the extension to the far right to allow a little more travel for the carriage.. and I see what appears to be stop blocks at each extreme end of the rod

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
The Rolls Royce of lathes and thats the hot rod model, the "T". Dollars to donuts that 4th rod is a relieving attachment. Too bad it doesn't have the steadies.

Edit, John I think (but couldn't swear) its reliving not thread/feed disengagment. I believe the T models had relieving and its hooked into the headstock not gearbox

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
The Rolls Royce of lathes and thats the hot rod model, the "T". Dollars to donuts that 4th rod is a relieving attachment. Too bad it doesn't have the steadies.

I wish I could find a manual for free, just for the information.

I hate not having access to information...

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Susquatch you laughed but you didn't explain.

You have to beg......

There is a seemingly penultimate relationship between ladies who can predict and control the weather and the name Debbie. Having ultimate control over the men in their lives is just a byproduct of that Godlike power. We who live anywhere near their sphere of influence have taken to calling these ladies "Debbie Doppler".

The fact that they are sometimes wrong about the weather is inconsequential. Usually, when such a contradiction arises, they react by saying that they didn't like their own forecast so they simply made a few adjustments.

TB and I have both come to know that resistance is futile.

Ya, let's just say that the subject lathe isn't gunna make it into his shop.