• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

DavidR8's shop shenanigans

trevj

Ultra Member
Can't find -8AN nuts. They do have brass nuts for compression fittings. That may work and at $1.09 each it's worth a try assuming the threads are correct. Their web page doesn't list that information.
A bit late to the party, but I have bought a lot of specialty hardware and some tooling from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty.

EG AN nuts.. https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/hapages/an818.php Under $4 each, in Aluminum.

You can download their whole catalog, if that is more your browsing style. They don't seem to be overcharging for the stuff they sell, from what I have seen some outfits marking up stuff.

jcdammeyer

John
Premium Member
A bit late to the party, but I have bought a lot of specialty hardware and some tooling from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty.

EG AN nuts.. https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/hapages/an818.php Under $4 each, in Aluminum.

You can download their whole catalog, if that is more your browsing style. They don't seem to be overcharging for the stuff they sell, from what I have seen some outfits marking up stuff.
Thanks. I've ordered 2 and although they will take a few weeks they weren't super expensive. I did think about making my own. But already too many things on my plate.

trevj

Ultra Member
Honestly, I really figure that most of the guys here could do a lot worse than to download the free copy of the catalog, and have a browse through it to see what ideas and solutions pop up as you see what is out there! They stock tubing, pipe, raw materials of known alloy and provenance, sheet goods ranging from alloy aluminum, to galvanized tin, and just a PILE of really useful hardware that might be just what a fella needs to solve a problem.

They stock pretty much all the materials and hardware needed to build and repair aircraft, but almost all of it, could be just what you may need for almost any other project too!

jorogi

Honestly, I really figure that most of the guys here could do a lot worse than to download the free copy of the catalog, and have a browse through it to see what ideas and solutions pop up as you see what is out there! They stock tubing, pipe, raw materials of known alloy and provenance, sheet goods ranging from alloy aluminum, to galvanized tin, and just a PILE of really useful hardware that might be just what a fella needs to solve a problem.

They stock pretty much all the materials and hardware needed to build and repair aircraft, but almost all of it, could be just what you may need for almost any other project too!
Yup they're a good outfit to deal with, spent tens of thousands with them over the years. Of course there's a lot of stuff they have that makes that pretty easy to do.