• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Data Plate Mod

Hey, I thought I would show off my data plate for my 8x16 lathe. I have a family contact that was able to UV print it on metal of some sort. Looks awesome I think and best of all it's dedicated to my machine and gear set. I believe they're looking at printing custom UV printed vinyl sheets to be applied to anything anyone chooses. Printing directly on metal is a pain and the proper old school silk screen style is even worse.

IMG_20230417_130926.jpg

After all the tweaking it's accomplished everything I've needed it to do, so far. Nothing really lengthy though, which is where I suspect my head alignment issue will show itself.

My biggest day to day complaint is how long the control board takes to catch up under load. I lose quite a bit of RPM waiting, not sure if I'm going to replace it or get another lathe.

It's "good enough" for the time being but I wish I got a better quality 10x22 or something vintage.