• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Supplies Cutting Oil

Supplies

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
I have been looking for a new cutting oil I can buy in small quantities. The last time I was at Blackfoot Industrial Supply in Calgary they were offering this! Super sticky high pressure cutting oil.
1. The best thing about it is it's super sticky and stays where you put it (acid brush). Put it on a vertically mounted drill bit it stays there and doesn't all drip off on the work piece.
2. The worst thing about it it's super sticky and when your done it takes a solvent to wipe it off.
Good finish on steel, not a lot of smoke, definitely not for aluminum.
I still haven't made a final judgement. Will keep experimenting.
PXL_20230125_170535575.jpg

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I use something similar but its too thick & sticky for my liking. It doesn't run but chips will actually stick to the coated tool which isn't good either. So I basically mix 50/50 with their regular viscosity EP-XTRA which by itself is a bit thin & just likes to run away. So the blend is a perfect viscosity IMO & you can adjust to your liking. They seem chemically stable in that they blend well & stay that way, they don't separate out or react adversely.

1676852675556.png
1676852716785.png

ducdon

Super User
Premium Member
I use something similar but its too thick & sticky for my liking. It doesn't run but chips will actually stick to the coated tool which isn't good either. So I basically mix 50/50 with their regular viscosity EP-XTRA which by itself is a bit thin & just likes to run away. So the blend is a perfect viscosity IMO & you can adjust to your liking. They seem chemically stable in that they blend well & stay that way, they don't separate out or react adversely.

View attachment 30917
View attachment 30918
Good idea. I will probably try that.