• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

CT089 Lathe Quick Change tool post?

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
An AXA size post might be fine. A BXA might be too tall You will have to measure the heights to be sure.
I use an AXA on my 12x37.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I believe that lathe is a 12" swing. Most likely, it will take an aloris style AXA or BXA Toolpost. Accusize carries both of these sizes in both piston and wedge style. Here is a chart to check your own fit and an order link.

Scroll down the page for size info.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
The most important dimension is the height difference between the top of your compound and the center of your spindle.

The bottom of a tool holder can't go lower than the top of the compound.

The top of the tool in a tool holder needs to be on center.

The bottom ledge of a tool holder plus the height of a tool needs to be less than the lathe center and gets adjusted up to reach center.

But in adjusting it up, the resulting top of the tool holder can't be higher than the top of the toolpost or it won't be a quick change anymore.

Hope that makes sense.