• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Cross Border Used Equipment Purchases

Clipper

I'm in Oliver BC, 20 miles from a re-shipper in WA and bring stuff from FleaBay and Amazon acrosss frequently. Anything new up to $200 they usually let slide, same for used lathe parts. A lot depends on the agent. Last used lathe (11 in Logan) was brought across free as "parts for one I already own". Mind you it was in pieces and filthy.
Have a receipt with you and specify it's NOT for business use going down and coming back.
But you never know....I brought a used BMW across that had everything not needed stripped out and they tried to ding me for the AC the car didn't have anymore. Their reason? "ALL BMWs have AC".