• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Crescent tools also break

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Applied light pressure, nothing much on small bolt head, maybe 3/8 maybe a bit bigger. And suddenly poof. I was shocked. The scroll stripped as per picture. Usually these things round the bolt or something not just crack. First one i ever killed. And it's original Crescent made in USA.
4f1ace570e1868ed11a400d8beb9ef30.jpg

Sent from my JSN-L23 using Tapatalk

Hacker

Super User
I have never seen this happen. I have 8 and 12 Klein's that are close to 45 years old that seen daily use for the first 25 years and occasional use since then. They have lots of scars but the scroll and jaws are as good a new. That must have seen a lot of use or abuse.

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
Here's Project Farm's crescent wrench comparison test:
Honestly if you’re going to buy one to depend on one, Snap On’s adjustable wrench is QUALITY. Unfortunately they only offer up to 12”, to move to an 18” or larger you’re stuck with blue point. They’re nice doing a bunch of air line fittings that are all odd ball sizes, or weird size nuts. The 18” blue point is still pretty good quality. I carry a cheapy 12” crescent wrench on the truck

terry_g

Ultra Member
I have taken a couple of my adjustable wrenches a 12" Snap-On and a 15" Westward and
carefully cut another groove in the rack on the movable jaw so the scroll would make one
more turn and allow the jaw to open wider. I have worked them both hard for a lot of years
and neither one failed.