• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftex CX712 mini-mill Airdrie, AB $2000

1b152cd6-6e85-4856-9e74-07d201beed0c

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
That is more then new, way more. Dabbler is spot on, they are way, way, way better deals for small mills - you can get much better machine like RF-30 for 1000 easy.

I paid around $400 for my RF-25 and RF-30, each. Last year.

gmihovics

Garrett
my thinking was the mill is 1500 new right now and the collects, spindexer, hold down kit, etc would make up the difference. I have found a few good deals on mini mills here but no one replies to my inquiries lately.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
my thinking was the mill is 1500 new right now and the collects, spindexer, hold down kit, etc would make up the difference. I have found a few good deals on mini mills here but no one replies to my inquiries lately.

This is way, way over priced even for AB. This was my very first mill. I got it like 6 years ago for $1000 plus $50 GST brand new from BB. Then I sold it a year later or so for same $, but I added collet set, some hold downs, etc. Plus I made exo skeleton for it with about 100lbs+ plus of steel. Really tried to make this into useful mill.

RF-30 sold in AB two weeks ago on auction for like under $1000 and it does circles around mini mill - like many circles.

I also sold recently Rusnok mini mill to US - complete - I think it was 1600? Or 1500. Also way, way, way better deal.

I expect places like Vevor will soon sell these in Canada for around $1000. Same as with mini lathes that you can get a very nice model for under $1000.

In Ontario you should have like 1000s of deals better then this. Like 1000s.