Craftex B2227L and bench for sale

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
So I've listed my lathe on Marketplace, but thought I would posit here also in case there is a forum member that might be interested. I know there aren't a lot of us on the Island...

I've had this lathe for several years and it is working well. Picture and description below.

If a Forum member is interested, I would be asking $2000 for it. ON FB Marketplace I'm asking $2150 so I have some bargaining room.

I'll also throw in the Live Centre that I was going to pass onto a friend back home - eventually.
IMG_9924.JPG IMG_9926.JPG IMG_9927.JPG IMG_9928.JPG IMG_9929.JPG IMG_9930.JPG IMG_9933.JPG IMG_9934.JPG IMG_9935.JPG IMG_9936.JPG IMG_9937.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9932.JPG
    IMG_9932.JPG
    404.4 KB · Views: 7

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Good id
You could ad a link to the manual as well.

Do you have a hard copy of the manual? lots of us like hard copy manuals.
Good idea. I downloaded the manual somewhere. If I can't find it I sure could.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I print my manuals on shop towels. Might as well cut out a step, eh. Off topic but curious, Where's home Tom?
And some of the manuals are only worth about that much between bad pictures and poor English translations.

I'm up in Campbell River. 90 minutes north of Nanaimo.

trlvn

Ultra Member
Tom's 10X22 has an electronic variable speed spindle and a 3-position feed selector*. The 10X22 on Facebook is a geared-head (6 spindle speeds) requiring gear changes for different feeds.

Choosing geared v. electronic speed control isn't an easy one for me. Electronic is really convenient, especially for drilling where you start with a pilot hole and then successively larger bits. OTOH, the electronic speed control seems to be a common failure point on these machines. On yet another hand, gearhead machines are often a lot noisier.

My lathe also has the 3-position feed selector and I think that's a useful feature even though the speed selections are fairly coarse (1X, 2X or 4X). I tend to do roughing passes on a higher feed rate and then select a slower feed for a finishing pass. So Tom's machine has an edge on the Facebook offering in that respect.

Just to be clear, I think the Facebook offering is overpriced even though it includes some mics and indicators, etc.

Craig

* The "feed" selector also figures into final threading rate but both machines require change gears to get into threading mode. It would be a minor miracle if you needed to do 8 tpi, 16 tpi and 32 tpi threading in the same set up and switch between them with just the feed selector.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Tomc938 - are you ok with all these posts on your classifieds ad? It is against policy. But the policy was put in place for reasons that don't seem to apply much in this case. At least not so far.

If not, l'll delete them.

YotaBota

Mike
Premium Member
No intention to break the rules, constructive comments seemed better here with the ad than lost in a thread somewhere else.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I do need to point out mine does not have variable speed control. Speed is easily set, but change gears for feed speed. The new one I am getting is the opposite: belt shift for speed and QC gear box for feeds. Between that and the size difference, I think it's a worthy upgrade. Also has power cross feed and lead screw and power X feed separate.

I'm fine with the comments. Also, it takes a real concerted effort on the part of others to offend me. I put the best construction on about everything. Keeps me smiling! And I'm always open o constructive criticism. It's how I learn.

But I can also respect the forum rules. They are there for a reason. I have seen a couple of conversations the last couple of years that have gone downhill fast. I am fine with whatever the moderators rule.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
@Susquatch - would admins prefer this type of conversation be done by PM?

It is not a problem if the seller doesn't mind and the comments are helpful. But the minute they go negative we would delete them. The classifieds are a benefit we provide to members who want to sell or buy something. Comments like "that's a piece of crap", "it isn't worth half that", "I can get it for less at Sam's", etc are not conducive to the respect and collegiality expected of everyone on the forum. Things go downhill fast.

Normally, questions and answers are allowed because they help everyone. Offers are best done by PM.

Tomc938

Ultra Member
Premium Member
So I'm dropping the price to $1800 on the forum. $2000 on Marketplace.

And I found an extra 0-1" mic I will throw in with the Live Centre.

So I've listed my lathe on Marketplace, but thought I would posit here also in case there is a forum member that might be interested. I know there aren't a lot of us on the Island...

I've had this lathe for several years and it is working well. Picture and description below.

If a Forum member is interested, I would be asking $2000 for it. ON FB Marketplace I'm asking $2150 so I have some bargaining room.

I'll also throw in the Live Centre that I was going to pass onto a friend back home - eventually.
View attachment 39987View attachment 39988View attachment 39989View attachment 39990View attachment 39991View attachment 39992View attachment 39993View attachment 39994View attachment 39995View attachment 39996View attachment 39997