• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Craftex 701 lathe & 601 mill DRO sizes required

LinzD

I have a Craftex 701 lathe and 601 mill on order. I would like to put a 2 axis dro on the lathe and a 3 axis dro on the mill. For anyone who has installed dro's on these machines I would like to know what size scales are required on the different axes. I am also open to any suggestions as to brand, installation etc. I know there is some information currently in threads somewhere and I will eventually find and read them but i would like to get these ordered ASAP and getting info from those that have done it on these machines seems to be the quickest route to this end.

Thanks,
Lindsay

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
How far away is the nearest Busy Bee? I would suggest you go to the store and measure things up for yourself. Otherwise, wait until you have the machines on hand before ordering. Mounting DRO scales on a lathe isn't as easy as it sounds particularly the y axis.

thriller007

great another CX601 owner. I have the cx706 lathe so that won’t help you but I can have a look and see what size scales I bought for the CX601. I remember thinking I should have bought a the z axis and the x axis a little bigger but it was really close. I would recommend buying from AliExpress for your dro.

thriller007

I looked at my order and here is what I bought.

Travel length=250mm, total length=390mm works good but if you can add 50mm if you want.
Travel length=400mm, total length=540mm works but lots of room so add 100mm so that you have more play room.
Travel length=600mm, total length=740mm works but if I did it again I would go 40 to 100mm longer but by doing so you would be covering the drain hole so your choice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 28

LinzD

Thanks Thriller. Exactly what I was looking for. Trying to keep cost down so will definitely be Aliexpress.