Craftex 13x24 GH lathe $1000 Windsor (needs motor)

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Seems the extreme SW of Ontario is the home of not working 100% craftex lathes. @Aburg Rapid Prototype may have delisted his but this one is for sale.

373e5fe4-66ae-4953-a975-0006638b0be6

Gearhead88

Super User
I was thinking contactor too , As far as I know , there is no " reverse capacitor " as stated by the seller in his ad.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I was thinking contactor too , As far as I know , there is no " reverse capacitor " as stated by the seller in his ad.
correct... there is a start capacitor to kick the motor into running and a run capacitor.

two interlocked motor direction contactors control the motor direction by reversing one set of motor leads.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
Seems the extreme SW of Ontario is the home of not working 100% craftex lathes. @Aburg Rapid Prototype may have delisted his but this one is for sale.

373e5fe4-66ae-4953-a975-0006638b0be6
That is slightly different in that it is smaller length and is 110. Alos mine just cut out completely. I have mine moved now to a serviceable area but have not started to look yet.

Gearhead88

Super User
Cute picture with the little girl, obviously she is not impressed with the feel of the oily lathe.
It could be the smell of the oil , I think in China , they brew their own cosmoline and possibly various other lubricants out of rotting fish heads . Every Chinese machine has this "aroma"

Last edited:

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
She gone... this might mean he sold it for asking ??? and fast... ideas, ideas. I posted update in my thread if someone wants to make suggestions.