Collets, cutters and boring head

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
They are standard R8 collet tool holders. Interesting to see 4 different size R8 annular cutters each on their own shank. The annular cutters I have purchased in the past for my old MT3 mill/drill were all individual Welden cutters that can be installed on a universal Welden shank. I recently bought a Welden R8 shank so I could use the cutters on my Hartford Bridgeport Clone.

There is also an adjustable R8 Boring Head there.

If everything is still sharp and not abused, I think it's probably a reasonable (but not great) deal.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Given how rusty some R8s are I am a bit inclined to say they are not in the best shape. You can get a new set of R8s for around 100 (China). Next are 4 holders with what appears to be annular cutters - these holders are usually used for carbide face mills a set of used ones is around 50, with HSS cutters at most 25. Carbide R8 facemill is at most 25. Boring head does not look like anything special so 50.

Total then is 250 as the top value of the set. And that is if R8s are not China - if cheap China then 200. These are absolute top values in AB.

I found most of tooling offers on facebook marketplace and or kajiji to be overpriced. I found only one person in AB over the years that had reasonable or actually deal prices.