• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Colchester Triumph - Vancouver Island

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Price is $4200. For what looks like 1950s machine... feels expensive. Wear and tear on the machine paint does not indicate "little use". I doubt anyone would get it in 1950s and put "little use on it" unless its like university machine.

I have a feeling it is a flip of an auction find. Nothing wrong with that but it needs to be very carefully inspected.

DavidR8

Scrap maker
Administrator
Premium Member
I agree Tom, $4200 feels high. Interesting that it's already on a trailer...

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
If I am successful in buying some stuff to flip it will be on a trailer as well - no need to do all the work to place it into the garage and then back on a trailer.
However, I price things as to their approximate worth that feels fair to me & machine can be inspected under power.

For example, I have dividing head for sale. Full universal. I think $600 for it is fair - maybe a bit less. They went on auction for more (!). I am also going to post a 6" H/V rotary - Grizzly with little use. I think $100 off new + taxes is fair given it is in like new condition and 6" is in high demand.

What I will never do is price more then new or as new used stuff - I seen it few times by members - some stuff was out of this world expensive (!)

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
just my 2 cents - you can get Modern 636 lathes for 4-5K in better condition, and more features. A little less rigid, perhaps, but all the threading and modern controls. For a working machine to use as a main lathe, in this market (Or even the Island), about 2800 bucks is about right assuming it is working.