Colchester Student 2500 $5,000 Scarborough

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
Almost afraid to post this one. No picture.

no one was supposed to notice this... which is why I did not post the ad here myself :p

I'm going to try to buy this. It is a few blocks from my in-laws. My brother will just have to sell his newly acquired 1440.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
If it is in good condition as stated then it would be a good deal for Alberta - its probably a 13 x 40 lathe with 3hp motor. King lathe brand new like this costs 10k new - so this is British lathe for half that much.

I saw that earlier today on my kijiji alerts ;)

Spoke with the seller on the phone for over an hour. Interesting story behind it, and theres a LOT more than just the lathe. Now to shovel out the trailer and fuel up the truck!
Well done sir...... We will need pictures.

TorontoBuilder

Ultra Member
I saw that earlier today on my kijiji alerts ;)

Spoke with the seller on the phone for over an hour. Interesting story behind it, and theres a LOT more than just the lathe. Now to shovel out the trailer and fuel up the truck!
I hope you paid over 10K but if not that is what they get for not waiting to receive multiple offers:cool:

We may be waiting, but patience has never been a collective strong point...... WHERE'S THE PICTURES!!!!!! :p
Hopefully the adventure went well.

Darren

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Due to the snow storm my trip had to be put on hold till after Christmas. My brother in law is close by and is handling the extraction . The two machines are still in crates, so its pretty straightforward. The rest is in milk crates and totes. The sellers had already planned to move everything to storage. Some stuff is going to my brother inlaw, who is not a machinist but is interested after being around mine during visits. I was mainly interested in the tooling. Going to sort it out after Christmas, so it will be like two Christmas's

Last edited: