• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Colchester 5x20 Chipmaster

skippyelwell

Wants $6,500 in Hamilton, will load onto your truck. Check out his list of other items for sale, some very nice shop equipment.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-20 at 06-47-56 COLCHESTER 5X20 CHIPMASTER CENTRE LATHE Other Business & Ind...png
    Screenshot 2024-10-20 at 06-47-56 COLCHESTER 5X20 CHIPMASTER CENTRE LATHE Other Business & Ind...png
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
The same guy is also selling this, don't have a price for it.

The seller has a bunch of other interesting machines for sale.

But note that the seller does not list prices, the seller ads all say please contact, the seller has items listed for a longer period of time and the seller lists a phone number for contact.

Those all point to over priced dealer who wants top dollar.

As does the fact that despite contacting them via phone they do not respond in a timely fashion, which again points to a dealer who isn't eager to sell his stock.

The price on this is $6800

I may just go have a look if it is a numbers matching machine. I dont have a hydraulic profiler on my chippie. This machine sounds like the variator is in very good condition too. I saw video of low speed operation.

Yes he is a dealer, I asked how much it weighed, this was his response,

Yasir Jamal:

Chris are you asking due to trucking? If so we can facilitate that as well for an extra fee. We sell industrial machinery and provide the entire service for our customers.

It's not like I have $6,500 burning a hole in my pocket, just window shopping and dreaming.

Yasir Jamal:

Chris are you asking due to trucking? If so we can facilitate that as well for an extra fee. We sell industrial machinery and provide the entire service for our customers.

It's not like I have $6,500 burning a hole in my pocket, just window shopping and dreaming.
He is a broker and does not even have the machine in his possession.

Yasir Jamal:

A chippie like that weighs 1200 lbs. It is an easy lift using a bar through the cross hole in the bed just in front of the chuck. But I suspect you already know that ;-)

I just saw this listed on FB marketplace for $8000.

It seems enough of us contacted Yasir about the lathe that he felt there was demand to ask even more. Here stupid me was thinking that I could talk him down to just under 4K or so

He really doesn't know much from my extended text conversations.

It is much more than standard chippie though because it has hydraulic follower attachment and power unit. But nowhere near 4500 pounds
Ah right. I assumed a person would remove that stuff from the lathe before moving, but maybe that's not easy, or even a good idea. I took the splash guard off before moving mine, but that may be difficult here without disconnecting the hydraulics and anyway, it would make them even more in the way I suppose.

Back