• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. One week to go! More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

CNC Machine

Tom O

Ultra Member
That would depend on type and size of machine, power requirements, cost of tooling and space available. We need more information what are you thinking of getting?

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Tom knows.. he has bought two cnc machines with 2 very different outcomes. Really i say if it is used and you cant see it running under power than forget it.

Tom O

Ultra Member
Well in its defence it was running and we could control the spindle, turret, and such although we did get a low oil alert while moving the tailstock. The keyboard had some keys that took a fair bit of pressure to work, my son said shutting it down, I heared it as shut it down and hit the power that was the last time the hydraulics fired up without pushing the contact switch itself. It came with another complete operator station that we swapped out and works according to one of the boot up tests. We still haven’t heared from anyone in the know about these so I am starting to venture into it more mind you I have to scratch my head at some of the electrical schematics being a touch a 9v battery to the tounge kind of guy!

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
I feel your pain i accidentally unplugged the reset button on my milltronics cnc while i was working on it. Then i crashed the table by pushing random contactors in the back. Man was i ever pissed that I broke the belt on the y axis and crushed the over travel and homing switches. I learned my lesson. it is complicated don't mess with it or you will bugger it up.

Tom O

Ultra Member
We will see last week I pulled out the power supply to see if a fuse was hiding somewhere in the MIA and while putting it back in it tipped busting a led on the dsn board :mad: I bought another on eBay along with a sump board to try but no change so tomorrow I’ll look at the schematics again and try some more probing on the power to the Mia board as only 3 out of 6 light up ( first 3 )

Attachments

• 4E72452F-D64C-4243-BAB6-F7D325A61D85.jpeg
    4E72452F-D64C-4243-BAB6-F7D325A61D85.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 1