• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Clear out the cobwebs

yycwelder

I see it’s been awhile since any has posted anything new about blacksmithing. That just won’t do.
*cups hands around mouth*
“HELLO?”

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
You guys are making me feel very old. Those movies are fairly recent in my mind.

Allo Allo was more my speed.

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Made some holes in this project today! Satisfied?

Attachments

• 77053476-CC31-4581-BED5-DAFF0A7A9ACF.jpeg
    77053476-CC31-4581-BED5-DAFF0A7A9ACF.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 0
  • E28FFAC2-6176-4352-83F0-C4721716AF97.jpeg
    E28FFAC2-6176-4352-83F0-C4721716AF97.jpeg
    164.3 KB · Views: 0

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
We'll just have to go back to the future then. I guarantee we are there now. But those of us who remain must stick together. Unless you're chicken?
I find it slightly sad and slightly funny when you toss around McFly or Buehler or I hear banjos paddle faster and the other person gives you a funny look
Some of the older movies like Cannonball run, smoky and the bandit, back to the future, Ferris buehlers day off, Porkys, meatballs.....classics. Uncle buck, national lampoon, “sorry folks, parks closed”...planes trains n automobiles, hear no evil see no evil, Rudy, Slapshot, roadhouse, the goonies....”do the truffle shuffle!” “Hhhheeeeyyy yoooouuuu guys!”

Classics!

yycwelder

Made some holes in this project today! Satisfied?
*nods* Any backstory with those tongs? What are you using as a bolt? Any plans to rivet them?

I find it slightly sad and slightly funny when you toss around McFly or Buehler or I hear banjos paddle faster and the other person gives you a funny look
Some of the older movies like Cannonball run, smoky and the bandit, back to the future, Ferris buehlers day off, Porkys, meatballs.....classics. Uncle buck, national lampoon, “sorry folks, parks closed”...planes trains n automobiles, hear no evil see no evil, Rudy, Slapshot, roadhouse, the goonies....”do the truffle shuffle!” “Hhhheeeeyyy yoooouuuu guys!”

Classics!
So many classics, so little time. It's the cycle of life. Embrace it. And remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that. Have you paid your dues Jack? Yes sir the cheque is in the mail.

Yup, say no more! Know what I mean!
I'm afraid I don't quite follow you?

Bofobo

M,Mizera(BOFOBO)
Just needing to have more than 1 long handle needle nose pliers for tongs, my first pair, no rivet just a nut/bolt from the bucket. Made of rebar hammered out in my new forge, only to find i really think that downward facing burners are DUMB, everyone i see making forges is forcing fire to burn against gravity, i tried it thinking i must have been missing something but nope. Flames of a fire as with hot air Rise, so why put your burner and gas lines over the fire? It looks clean i guess, may take up less room (more room is good when moving hot steel from forge to anvil).

yycwelder

Just needing to have more than 1 long handle needle nose pliers for tongs, my first pair, no rivet just a nut/bolt from the bucket. Made of rebar hammered out in my new forge, only to find i really think that downward facing burners are DUMB, everyone i see making forges is forcing fire to burn against gravity, i tried it thinking i must have been missing something but nope. Flames of a fire as with hot air Rise, so why put your burner and gas lines over the fire? It looks clean i guess, may take up less room (more room is good when moving hot steel from forge to anvil).
The beautiful thing about blacksmithing is that if you don't have a tool you can just make it. Just to play devils advocate, and not to pick a fight, I would add that even a 'venturi' burner has enough pressure to force the heat in any direction it is pointed. I agree, once the burner is turned off, then the heat will rise and would suggest to carefully remove you're burner if you are concerned about it getting too hot. Just take proper care as it might be a wee bit hot already. That being said I would love to understand better why you are not on the vertical facing burner bandwagon? More information is welcome as I have a new forge build in the design stages and am not cross eyed yet from taking in different perspectives.

Big trouble in little china I belive. The know what I mean is Monty Python.
Kurt Russell in one of the greats! Re-watch the Monty Python skit... Follow me, follow me. That's good, that's good. A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat.
I might have worked at a video store in a previous life.