Chinglish translation?

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Well..... You have to admit that the word does go with intestinal sausage skins...... I pray to God no nurse ever comes into my room with one of those though....... :oops:

gerritv

Gerrit
I wonder how well we would do in Chinese? As someone who has learned Canadian 2 times (and relearned Dutch in between) before the age of 10 with zero support I tend to understand the challenges of nuances in translations. And FYI, English is an absolute crap language to learn for anyone.
Even when my now wife arrived on the scene, I had to learn Belfast English on top of Canadian.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I wonder how well we would do in Chinese? As someone who has learned Canadian 2 times (and relearned Dutch in between) before the age of 10 with zero support I tend to understand the challenges of nuances in translations. And FYI, English is an absolute crap language to learn for anyone.
Even when my now wife arrived on the scene, I had to learn Belfast English on top of Canadian.

I once heard that Canadian English is the best English.

Ever notice that most actors and news anchors speak Canadian English? I heard they are taught Canadian English as part of their training. I don't know if that is really true, but it does seem odd that you have all these accents across the whole USA and elsewhere in the world yet the vast majority of the acting and broadcasting we hear sounds Canadian.

Or maybe it's just my ears....