• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Cheesy tool holders

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
You know, the 'temporary' ones you say will be replaced soon, but they are 20 years old & still there. Best to drill the holes oversize couple thou larger than shank diameter for the right fit. My current mode is scrap of MDF, drill then holes through, then glue on a scrap of 1/8 or 14 floor. I haven't figured out a labelling system that lasts. Maybe their is a clear coat that doesn't make printer paper yellow or lines run. You 3DP owners have superpowers by comparison. Remember to consider tool head diameter in the layout spacing.

BTW places like AliExpress have inexpensive caddies for typical Dremel tools. Look in the jewelry supply stores

Attachments

• IMG_2446_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_2446_edited-1.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5236_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_5236_edited-1.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5241_edited-1.jpg
    IMG_5241_edited-1.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 11

Downwindtracker2

What, you don't dig through a drawer?

I use 2x4 for lamp bases and reloading blocks . The edge of the hole rounding over has been challenging. A drill press wasn't fast enough for a clean finish on wood using a router bit. Instead I used a router , but a bit with out a pilot bearing. I varnish the blocks, they clean up easier.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
What, you don't dig through a drawer?
I do, just not this particular stuff LOL. I hate searching for things, cuts into productive hobby time.
I found a reasonably priced line of snap lid plastic containers on Amazon, like 4x4x1". If containers are are the same size then, they also stack well & yield available storage volume. Sometimes its easier to just put like minded tools in one compartment. Once I gathered my hard grinding Dremel wheels & points into one container it was actually quite a collection. I seem to kill Dremel's at an amazing rate based on use. They used to give you a grab bag of accessories so it kind of built up over time.

Matt-Aburg

Ultra Member
I will be doing this for my ISO 30 toolholders. Currently I have 12, but this is going to grow... also I need to sort my endmills much better.... On the to-do list.