Chamfer bits

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Mostly I hand chamfer. But once in a while I use a set something like this:

Accusize Industrial Tools 6 Flute H.S.S. Machine Countersink, 8 pc, 82 Degree, Precision Ground, 0206-1018 https://a.co/d/9lzbW7h

My own set is an old grizzly kit I got 20 odd years ago. It had 4 different size bits in it.

Depending on the size you need, you could also mount a lathe center drill in the drill chuck of your mill.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
Thanks.
That what I wasn't sure of or not. I have a chamfering bit for holes but wasn't sure if it would work for edges as well and didn't want to bugger it up trying it out.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I usually use a file or a deburring tool for outside edges. I don't have a belt sander....... Yet.......

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
For outside edges I just use my belt sander. What are you trying to do?
Playing.
Scrounged some 2.25 square steel bar when I was taking the axles off the propane tank (they won't fill it if it can be moved)
My first thought was some not so fuzzy dice because I need the practice on the mill and I was looking to chamfer the edges.
Who doesn't need a pair of 2 1/4 pound dice swinging from the mirror?

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Playing.
Scrounged some 2.25 square steel bar when I was taking the axles off the propane tank (they won't fill it if it can be moved)
My first thought was some not so fuzzy dice because I need the practice on the mill and I was looking to chamfer the edges.
Who doesn't need a pair of 2 1/4 pound dice swinging from the mirror?

If your looking for a well defined 45 deg. chamfer, you will need a dedicated 45 deg. endmill. I have one in my little hogger set but have not used it yet.

Doggggboy

Ultra Member
If your looking for a well defined 45 deg. chamfer, you will need a dedicated 45 deg. endmill. I have one in my little hogger set but have not used it yet.
No real requirements on the chamfer size.
Like I said, just playing.