• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Cancel Button - Thanks

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
Thanks for the forum upgrade that includes a Cancel Button for posts. For some reason I always found posts I cancelled would come back and haunt me for days. The cancel button solves this.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I don't understand how you did that Peter. Below there is this new disk icon button where you can save or delete a post. but that button you are showing - I don't see that anywhere on my computer or phone. Not for creating a new thread or a post. Post another picture of the whole screen Peter so I can see the context?

1636735131613.png

CalgaryPT

Ultra Member
Vendor
Premium Member
So how I see it is 1) I create a new thread 2) Before posting it the "Cancel" button appears 3) I hit "Cancel" and the post disappears.

1636754998617.png

Here's the hover/ALT text (saying "Cancel"):

1636754969033.png

trlvn

Ultra Member
Ahh, the difference is how you start the thread. I think most of us click the orange "Post thread" button. That leads to a new screen that does not have a cancel button. What @CalgaryPT is doing is clicking and entering text in the "Thread title" box. That causes the content to slide down and space appears to enter the body text of a new post. Clicking the cancel icon causes the content to slide back up.

Craig

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hmmmmmm......

What about those of us that almost exclusively use our phones.......

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Ahh, the difference is how you start the thread. I think most of us click the orange "Post thread" button. That leads to a new screen that does not have a cancel button. What @CalgaryPT is doing is clicking and entering text in the "Thread title" box. That causes the content to slide down and space appears to enter the body text of a new post. Clicking the cancel icon causes the content to slide back up.

Craig

Nope... no cancel button when I try that....

1636769446604.png