• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Canadian source for appliance parts?

slow-poke

Ultra Member
The integrated ice maker motor for our refrigerator croaked. The refrigerator is a Jenn-Air (Whirpool internals). I found a replacement motor on Amazon, it arrived damaged (clearly dropped in transit), shipped in nothing more than a plastic bag with no foam or bubble wrap, on top of that they shipped the wrong motor. Does anyone know of a reputable Canadian online appliance parts source?

The Amazon price was good, $US65 vs. > CDN$300 at local appliance parts places.

Attachments

• E11DB127-3BD0-4FED-B088-F4A54BECD938.jpeg
    E11DB127-3BD0-4FED-B088-F4A54BECD938.jpeg
    510.9 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
With Amazon you get easy refunds if it is cracked or wrong model sent. They will not make that mistake too often again as it costs them a lot of $$$.

Xyphota

Ultra Member
I've had success with Trail Appliance in Calgary, I think they are a whirlpool distributor

Dan Dubeau

Ultra Member
I've always used amazon. Found it to be the best return policy (never needed, but peace of mind....) and sometimes when you factor in shipping, it's cheaper than the others. I did use another site, that I can't remember for some samsung dishwasher parts, but I'd rather forget that whole ordeal altogether......

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Returned the bad one to Amazon (it was one of those 3rd party vendors), and ordered directly from "Amazon" they always seem to pack well, so hopefully I will be second time lucky. Fingers crossed.