• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Canadian Museum of Making

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Many here are probably already aware of this place. I did a search and didn't find a reference to it so thought it might be worth mentioning.
Its West of Cochrane (IIRC). Really quite an incredible place and a very worthwhile way to spend an afternoon (or whole day), especially for anyone mechanically inclined. Not really open to the public on a daily basis but they do offer tours to groups. My Son bought tickets for a tour a couple of years ago and took my wife and I.
About - The Canadian Museum of Making

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Yes, fantastic looking place. I believe a forum member with 'connections' was making inquiries about a private tour. I cant find the link but maybe something got derailed/deferred for whatever reason.

cuslog

Super User
Premium Member
Yeah, I assumed its "not currently available" due to covid. IIRC they offer tours in the Fall. Our Son got the tickets and took us, he told us the tours are rather in-frequent, not widely advertised and numbers are limited, selling out quickly.
Just their web site is an enjoyable way to spend an hour or more looking at cool old machinery, lovingly restored.