• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

can i heat Kantwist clamps?

AntCaps

As the title asks can i heat these up without destroying them? I need to use them to tempe straighten a blade and it will require clamping a blade straight in an oven at around 450.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Expensive clamp to test on.... lots of people like your knife Anthony...

AntCaps

I got impatient and tried it out seemed to have no ill effect i think if anything i just annealed the copper bits, ill keep the 2 i used aside specific for the task just incase so i dont ruin them all. Thats awesome i might be making some more but out of a different steel and using 1/4" thick stock.

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I got impatient and tried it out seemed to have no ill effect i think if anything i just annealed the copper bits, ill keep the 2 i used aside specific for the task just incase so i dont ruin them all. Thats awesome i might be making some more but out of a different steel and using 1/4" thick stock.
Are the threads still ok?

AntCaps

yep the threads seem fine the copper looks a little brassy in color now but thats the only noticeable difference.