Cambridge Ont Auction of Tool & Cutter Grinding Facility

I especially like the Deckel bench top tool and cutter grinder!

Lots of tool and cutter grinders and surface grinders. Not crazy about the way this auction is done though. You have to electronically transfer a deposit before the auction and it seems to be a mostly in person auction.

It's close to me but unfortunately for me I'm broke right now any way.

Hacker

Super User
Yes there are a few items that I would like but it is just too far away. I have found that if you contact the auctioneer they will waive the deposit if you give them your cc info.

Yes there are a few items that I would like but it is just too far away. I have found that if you contact the auctioneer they will waive the deposit if you give them your cc info.
My impression (correct me if I'm wrong) is that within the Bidspotter auction framework different auction houses have different auction protocols. So one auction house may work with credit cards exclusively and another that won't want anything to do with CC. In all cases whatever their protocol may happen to be they seem to be quite strict about following their rules for their particular auction. To make all this even more confusing the credit card fee thing has just changed every where so this is bound to cause changes in auction protocols!

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
One the best for home shops is the CHEVALIER FCG-610 w/ airbearing. One man can break down and carry that grinder out to the trunk of the car and its vastly more useful imo than a single lip grinder. I think you need some sort of sliding table on a T&CG.

That is a lot of manual grinders to hit the market at once, I'd guess there'd be some low prices. They are a fantastic thing for us home shop guys, but in part made obsolete with index tooling....so it will be interesting to see of there is enough commerical interest to keep prices out of the basement. If you don't have a T&CG they are a really nice addition....and I see a few with motorized work heads (makes it a light duty cylindrical grinder) which is also a fantastic capability to have.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
If you don't have a T&CG they are a really nice addition....and I see a few with motorized work heads (makes it a light duty cylindrical grinder) which is also a fantastic capability to have.

Not sure I know how that would work. But I'd love to have a Cylindrical grinder. I just can't afford one. Can you point me to one that might do that without becoming another space hungry monster in my shop?

Ps - I totally agree with your insert comments. So very true.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Not sure I know how that would work. But I'd love to have a Cylindrical grinder. I just can't afford one. Can you point me to one that might do that w

Here's mine, just a regular T&CG with a motorized work head. I think I saw some in that auction. Being able to grind is a great thing :)

M0WqSVY.jpg

Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
So did any one here actually participate in this auction??? Any impressions???
I had to pass. I thought we would be over covid by now but it didn't happen. My bride is still really sick. I need to look after her and stay away from others. Some interesting lots there for sure.