Calgary Machining Virgin ;)

UboatCmdr

Hey everyone,

Came across CHMW while looking for a better steel supplier here in Calgary haha.

Sait Welding Engineering graduate, long time (well long time for a 22 year old) hobby fabricator mostly working on jeeps and such. Lots of experience in CNC plasma cutting and 2d CAD design.

I'm hoping to pick up a ~14" swing lathe soon to start prototyping some new products for my company, lots to learn about machining... off to youtube I go haha.

Connor.

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome Conner, look forward to your projects. Is the plasma/cad experience from work or home pleasure?
UboatCmdr ... I just gotta ask :)

UboatCmdr

Haha I wish it was home experience! But unfortunately I haven't got myself a table yet.

I used to run a large ~10x20 plasma table at work.
When I get some time to sort through photos I'll make a thread for my various projects

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Sounds good, look forward to pics one day. What I meant was your handle (UboatCmdr). At 22 years of age I'm guessing you didn't serve in the German submarine fleet ha-ha. So either you're building one in your backyard, or you are a model maker, your jeep is submersible.... there has to be a trivia story there. :)

UboatCmdr

Its a nickname I picked up after accidentally turning my first jeep into a submarine... on more than one occasion haha ;)

Alexander

Ultra Member
Administrator
Its a nickname I picked up after accidentally turning my first jeep into a submarine.
I have been there. My bogger truck had 3 different engines in it over a span of 2 years. I lost the one SBC motor when it went under around 4000rpm amd broke the crank.

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
welcome to the site! Us guys in North Calgary should stick together! (I'm near McKnight and Deerfoot) We should have coffee some time and talk shop...

lazyazz

Gotta like those nicknames that stick.... "UboatCmdr" that is perfect considering the origin.
Welcome aboard.