• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Button die storage

trlvn

Ultra Member
I've got a hodgepodge of one inch threading dies from various auction lots. Two small sets, both incomplete. Assorted other dies loose, etc. I wanted some better way to organize them.

And I'm cheap...did I mention that? ;)

Whilst wandering in the dollar store, I happened to stop by the ice cube trays and inspiration struck:

die storage.jpg

I think this is going to work pretty well and the trays only cost $1.25 each. In hindsight, the only thing I might have done differently is to get different colours for the coarse and fine thread dies.

I also spent a little quality time with my label maker so that I'll be able to pick out the desired die with minimal searching.

IMG_3176.JPG

Craig

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
Great idea for organizing dies!

My cousin supplies me with bee hive capping's that I render to wax for use as boolit lube. I find ice cube trays just the right size for making wax cubes suitable for mixing with other stuff (Allox, and Vaseline etc.)

Craig....

Last edited:

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
ice cube trays good idea. printing something like that would cost $10-15 and half a day so those trays are good idea and cheap! IKEA has cheap drawer trays for the kitchen which I use for nut & bolt trays.