• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Busy Bee knee Milling machine Mississauga On. $2500

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member

08d86a8e-864b-4bbc-b7a2-7352b01a6da3

This is the bigger version of the CT054 (sorry don't remember the number). Heavier machine, larger table, power feed included, large x,y and z motion. Cost if I recall correctly was about $3,400.00

This is not the CT054. It is bigger and the base is different. The reason I know I had a choice of both but at the time the dollar amount made a difference.

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
The only other knee mills I see manuals for is the cx 603 or 604 so it might be one of those.
I like the idea of one of these small knee mills in the basement, would be a nice upgrade from my round column.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I like the idea of one of these small knee mills in the basement, would be a nice upgrade from my round column.

If my shop was in the basement, that's exactly what I would do too. I've seen and used two of them in my time and I loved them both. One was a beautiful Hardinge. Lots to love about them.

terry_g

Ultra Member
Its a B048. I have the same mill. I bought mine in April 2009 for $3800. It came with a power feed on one axis and a coolant system. Busybee now sells the CX603 which looks like the same mill without the power feed or the coolant system.
Its a good machine I really like mine.
B048.jpg

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Its a B048. I have the same mill. I bought mine in April 2009 for $3800. It came with a power feed on one axis and a coolant system. Busybee now sells the CX603 which looks like the same mill without the power feed or the coolant system.
View attachment 38997
Terry,

I'm considering buying the one in the ad above. Getting it into my basement is going to be a challenge.

Do you know how much it weighs?

I would most likely need to take the table off to get it through the door, can anyone explain what is involved to R&R the table and how long it would take?

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I'm have considering buying the one in the ad above. Getting it into my basement is going to be a challenge.
Mine weighed north of 1300 lbs. It was a great mil. Just too small for my work.

It can be divided into reasonable pieces, or taken down in one piece.

When I moved Bert's Hartford 7X42 Bridgeport clone into Bert's basement, The base was 900 lbs, and every other piece was under 300 lbs. We reinforced the steps, and plated the steps with plywood. We lowered the base on a lever hoist supported by a big forged I bolt, that was through the floor/subfloor and the nut was in the basement. All the rest we just slid down the plywood with 2 people. Some years later he replaced the linoleum on the landing....

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
To answer your other question, It takes about an hour to remove the table, if it doesn't have the power feed on it. A little longer with it. You have to remove the X lead screw, and then the nut, and it just slides off. It isn't that heavy; perhaps 90 pounds or so. It is also easy to take the head off, should you need to. That will make it a lot easier to get it to the basement.

slow-poke

Ultra Member

Terry,

If I purchase, looks like I will need to pull the head, table, and stand that should make it manageable. The door at the bottom of the stairs is only 30" wide, not sure the base with chip pan will fit through the door?

Can you please measure dimensions of the chip tray and base

combustable herbage

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Terry,

I'm have considering buying the one in the ad above. Getting it into my basement is going to be a challenge.

Do you know how much it weighs?

I would most likely need to take the table off to get it through the door, can anyone explain what is involved to R&R the table and how long it would take?
Its funny I had the same thoughts, it would be a nice upgrade from the round column mill, and after the resale of the old mill is good so I don't think it would be that costly of an upgrade that way, especially cause the tooling will be mostly the same. I went to busybee and checked out the cx603 which I believe is similar in size and it doesn't look too be that much bigger than the round column especially once the knee is off. I kept that ad as a separate tab since it came out and checking if it was sold. If you decide to buy it let me know I would be happy to help you if you need it.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Are there any members close to 427 & Dundas (Toronto/ Mississauga) that would be willing to be my eyes for this mill?

The seller can ship to me in Ottawa for a quite decent price, just want to be sure it's in decent enough shape before committing. Just looking for an unbiased quick inspection.

slow-poke

Ultra Member
Its a B048. I have the same mill.
Terry two more questions (famous last words).....

Can you please measure total height?
If I purchase it will arrive on a skid, and my garage door only opens to 80"
80" - 6" for skid - 1" for clearance = 73", I think this should be enough but want to be sure.

Does anyone have a manual for the B048? Can't seem to find one online.