• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

busy bee 12 /37 lathe

Kevino

trying to, find someone with the same lathe for control panel wiring , lathe was working perfect for 5 years and one day an electrician comes in long story short and mentions my lathe is supposed to go ccw and cw , so he manuel touched bottom contactor with screwdriver and voiola lathe fired up cw , he touched top contactor and blew a hole in the contactor with a severe scorch . i had a replacement contator but cant seem to get the lthe running again , i had the motor checked out and it fine , can anyone lend an opinion on where to start its a busy bee 12 37 lathe IMG_1628.jpg

Attachments

• 540x360.jpgbusy bee lathe.jpg
    540x360.jpgbusy bee lathe.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 21

Dabbler

ersatz engineer
I can try to do some investigation on mine when it warms up a little. Mine is a 1981 vintage lathe, but I hope there is something to be had about that.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
is this just standard forward / reverse switch?

Some 1ph motors can turn either direction (easily) and have extra wire for this. You connect them to a reversing switch and as you reverse the switch switches wire connections. It is not super complicated but I did need a piece of paper to draw it out - and got it wrong first time around.

Downwindtracker2

I have a '92 24" version. On mine the previous owner had rewired the reverse contactor to run it forward. On old fashioned wiring, the trick was to use two contactors. I don't think Taiwanese electrics of that era were all that good. I was unable to use it on my mill/drill. I gave up and simply bought new mag starter from Grizzly. I only used it for a power disconnect, and used a drum switch for direction. For my lathe,I'm now using a 3ph motor and a VFD. I'm also strugling with the programing. The Grizzly model # for that lathe is G0709 Their manuals are much better than BusyBee.

I'm not much help when it comes to those magic pixies.