• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Bunch of carbide inserts/holders, height gauge, digital calipers, and… weird taps?

Stuart Samuel

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Split a Kijiji listing with a coworker. Turned out to have less stuff that suits his lathe (Chipmaster), and more that suits mine.

Two things of interest, to me at least:

IMG_3408.webp
1 3/8-8 tap. Never seen that style of tip before. Anyone have a name for this? Also got a 1 1/2-8 the same style, and a more conventional 30mm spiral flute tap.

Also,
IMG_3409.webpIMG_3410.webpIMG_3411.webp

Whatever the heck this is? Takes male threaded inserts, but appears to be adjustable for rake angle.IMG_3412.webp
Shank of above. Thanks, Boris! (Not really, he was a real grump)

Good score!
I think they are Crown or hollow end taps. Very accurate for starting a hole, top of the line tooling
Those micro boring bars again are top of the line and are excellent, especially for fine adjustments. I have some older style ones, but they are hard to find cartridges for them. Parts pop up on Ebay every now and then.
Martin W

Back