• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - tentative date Saturday, April 20/2024. Other regions are also discussing meet ups. If you want one in your area get going on organizing it! discussion
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion NEW LOCATION

Brown & Sharp Grinding Machine

Hi There,
Just noticed this grinder machine on the Canadian Government Surplus. Yea I know its in Victoria B.C., but if someone is looking for one then the price is right on this.

Just thought I mention it.

Cheers Brian

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Ooops I forgot the link...... Yup your right Thats the site.
You have to watch it almost weekly at the least. I've seen at least 3 Bridgeports in Calgary. They were from the University.
The Alberta site is also very good place to watch. http://surplus.gov.ab.ca/AuctionsList.aspx
Once there just go into the Online Auctions to see what they have. Both sites have everything from airplanes to books. The last one you mentioned was from Calgary. Also there are two spots to look from the first was Machine Tools and secondly is Shop Equipment which is 4 or g up from the machine Tools.
Thanks for noticing Peter

Brian

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
How much would shipping a 1000 lb piece of equipment from Ottawa cost? Anybody have any ideas or experiences to share?

PeterT

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I cant speak for transport costs, but also consider the fine print conveyed in this local sale "This item should be removed by experienced or professional movers". Doesn't look like they are adamant about bonded HD movers, but they are also not lifting a finger to help. So a far away type deal in Ottawa might be a bit tricky to orchestrate remotely? Road Trip! :)
https://www.gcsurplus.ca/mn-eng.cfm...clos&lci=&str=51&sr=1&ltnf=1&lcn=352941&lct=L

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
Well a road trip might be $2000 including gas accommodation food. 3 days there, a day in Ottawa, and 3 back. A marathon drive too. Does not sound too practical. Could something be shipped for $1000?

Janger

(John)
Administrator
Vendor
I see the hardigne lathes that were for sale have auctioned off. Funny the crappy one sold for parts went for 4K but the good one with a mitoyu DRO went for $2300.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
It is do-able in 3 days drive but I somehow think you would need more than one day's rest. I did the drive from Mississauga to Calgary in 3 days twice. And Ottawa is about half a day further.