Bridgeport mill riser

justin1

Super User

Not sure if they ship Canada but could try eBay or buy chunk of sch 120 pipe or 160 pipe maybe even XXl wall pipe as not sure what the Dia you require or I would look up a wall thickness for you. if you have big enough lathe make one they are pretty simple.

If your lucky depending on the fab shop if they have pups laying around they they may sell for cheap

Some pipe I noticed well looking for some steam fitting just after posting plus nice chunk of 4140

Attachments

• IMG_20240123_134054665.jpg
    IMG_20240123_134054665.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Looking for a riser for my Bridgeport, either 4 or 6”. Anyone have any info or leads on where to find one?

I'd be tempted to make one. It need not be one solid riser. It could be two separate plates one for the top and one for the bottom to take the bolts separated by a column or columns with the right shape to resist compression and bending and perhaps even all welded together. If the flanges are big enough, you could just use big pipe as 4 separate columns outside the flange circle. Think of it like those big bolts at the bottom of those big tall street light standards.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Here is a shorter one. Still expensive.

Home made is looking pretty good.....

justin1

Super User
Ye you can get probly a foot of 12-24" seamless 160 pipe brand new for same price as 4" riser cheaper if you can find seam welded pipe

Greywynd

A few hundred to buy one (as long as I know it will fit) is a lot simpler for me, simply because I don’t have the time these days to make one.

However if I can find all the required dimensions I may look at making one.

This is kind of a backburner project, however if I manage to stumble across one I’d grab it.