• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Brand new mt5 dead center

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Late night eBay mistake, needed an mt4 not an mt5

Anyways, brand new, never used, 50$, calgary

Attachments

• IMG_20220224_184016_242.jpg
    IMG_20220224_184016_242.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 6

Ian Moss

Mildly interested. Would like to trade if possible. Anything in about the equivalent value range you may be looking for?

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
hmm, what might you be looking to get rid, off, i could use another magnetic dial indicator holder

Ian Moss

I could part with one of these. It would be nice if we could find someone travelling north and south so we would not have shipping costs if we make a deal.
Pics attached

Attachments

• IMG_1806.JPG
    IMG_1806.JPG
    907.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1807.JPG
    IMG_1807.JPG
    976.4 KB · Views: 3

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
ahh i just gave one of those ones away, im looking for the ones with the ball socket, i dont know what you call that style

Ian Moss

This is a planer gauge, but has lots of uses where a height reference is needed.

Attachments

• IMG_1808.JPG
    IMG_1808.JPG
    964.2 KB · Views: 6

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
Sorry I got distracted, cant do it, I buy 12mm carbides on Ali for 20-25$ each...and ya they are Chinese carbides, but they do fine for me

Ian Moss

I understand. I currently have a MT3 center in an adapter sleeve that will probably serve. A one piece tool would be neater, and I do like neat, but who knows if and when I might need a headstock taper again. If you have something in mind that you need and I might have, feel free to let me know.. Ian

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member
I get 12mm carbide for like 12 on ali. But they recently added shipping so it may work out to 15 each.

You must be better at finding the deals than me, because i cant find them for less than 17, on average 20 ea

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Ok I lied. I got them just now for... $10 CAD :)

Ordered 2. I made a little booboo machining and ... broke one in half (!) so I need some replacements.

These are the same ones I bought recently with no shipping. But I would never buy just 2.

I broke a good KBTools bit a while back, but haven't broken one of these - not yet anyway.

phaxtris

(Ryan)
Premium Member
Premium Member

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
These are the same ones I bought recently with no shipping. But I would never buy just 2.

I broke a good KBTools bit a while back, but haven't broken one of these - not yet anyway.

I took too big of a cut. Got some chatter and BOOOOOOOM a 12mm EM broke in half! Like not shattered the end, broke in HALF. I never ever had something like this.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I took too big of a cut. Got some chatter and BOOOOOOOM a 12mm EM broke in half! Like not shattered the end, broke in HALF. I never ever had something like this.

Wow. I bet that was scary!

But you should try farming. Imagine the feeling of breaking a Ripper blade that is made of 2x10 plate 36" long. The tractor feels like it has just been launched to Pluto with you in the pilots seat when that thing breaks in half! Ask me how I know!