• Spring 2024 meetup in Calgary - date Saturday, April 20/2024. discussion Please RSVP Here to confirm and get your invitation and the location details. RSVP NOW so organizers can plan to get sufficient food etc. It's Tomorrow Saturday! you can still RSVP until I stop checking my phone tomorrow More info and agenda
  • We are having email/registration problems again. Diagnosis is underway. New users sorry if you are having trouble getting registered. We are exploring different options to get registered. Contact the forum via another member or on facebook if you're stuck. Update -> we think it is fixed. Let us know if not.
  • Spring meet up in Ontario, April 6/2024. NEW LOCATION See Post #31 Discussion AND THE NEW LOCATION

Bostich t5 stapler rant

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I've been to a lot of hardware stores and discovered that you can no longer buy staples for the old T5 stapler. They now call them T50 and the staples do not fit my old T5, i have a T50 already but my old favorite is now a useless bit of tin and springs. I even looked on Amazon and Bostich's site and they all just go to the T50. Guess i will have to watch auctions and such for ammo for the old T5.

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
Lol, I lost my shit the other night because Home Depot changed the handles on the orange two gallon pails they sell. I water a couple hundred trees by hand and my pails degraded in the sunshine. Bought new pails and they are just different enough that it feels wrong

Let it out [mention]6.5 Fan [/mention] , let it out. I support you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Lol kevin, you have no idea how cranky i can get. A buddy also named kevin calls me an old curmudgeon.:mad:

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Hold the phone, i just read that you water a couple hundred trees by hand!!!!! There is a wonderful new device to help with that, it's called a garden hose.:p

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
There are tanks, hoses, pumps, trailer and totes involved, It's an operation. But short of running 1800ft-long-runs of irrigation lines ($$$$) quad+trailer+buckets is the preferred method for me.

Now, truck, trailer, tank configured to 'drive-by-and-spray' is the 'easiest' way, but the carpet-bomb approach wastes water (15:1) and leads to the next problem: weeds. By selectively watering the 'tree', you avoid feeding the weed.

Besides, I push a desk for a living, my mind is mush by 5pm. The physical labor is a gift. I can water trees and then head off to the shop to count my T5 staples.