• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Boeshield-T-9

francist

Super User
I use it and have used it for a few years now. Mostly on finished (completed) pieces that I want to stay looking nice but without a heavy coating like a clearcoat. I’ll also use it on some tools if I clean them but may not use them on a regular enough basis enough to keep them oiled.

Does it work? I think so although I can’t say I’ve done rigorous testing of it. My items still look good though, both polished steel as well as brushed aluminum, and I think it offers some protection for light use items.

I’ve been using the same little 4oz bottle for about six years so it’s not something you go through a lot of. A few drops on a small square of cotton to apply and then buff until dry.

Edit: the aluminum and steel parts on this finger engine are all T-9 coated
5BDB5080-8265-4C01-AC7D-0462E718417D.jpeg

Last edited:

Hruul

Lee - metalworking novice
I have bought some from Lee Valley for my woodworking tools. I have not used it yet. I have used some other spray on my table saw and it seems to work well keeping the rust off.

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member

T-9 did not win that competition - WD-40 makers rust inhibitor was good but the paste from miniwax owned it. CRC also did well.

Best was Sta-bil.

Brent H

Ultra Member
All my wood working tables get a good paste waxing - best stuff and durable - Minwax floor wax

kevin.decelles

Jack of all trades -- Master of none
Premium Member
I used Bostich topcote on my wood working metal surfaces. Like Pledge imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk