best way to move 160 lbs from calgary / edmonton to Hamilton

Aarknoid

Greetings all , I'm in need of some knowledge!

I have a chance to buy a vertical milling attachment for my Victoria Elliott U0 from a member out Calgary / Edmonton way who has the patience of a saint :)

Other than shipping a few rather heavy boxes through UPS ( if they will accept at all ) I'm at a loss how to move small but dense chunks of metal 4 provinces away.

I have read about and have no experience with Uship.com and I hear the greyhound bus shipping is no more

TL : DR
3 parts 162lbs Calgary / Edmonton --> Hamilton / Burlington

Ideas? ;)

Attachments

• thumbnail_image4.jpg
    thumbnail_image4.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 5
  • thumbnail_image3.jpg
    thumbnail_image3.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 5
  • thumbnail_image5.jpg
    thumbnail_image5.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 5

SomeGuy

Hobbyist
Three parts 162lbs? So it can get broken down into smaller amounts? Under 100lbs or so, shipping via the normal mail isn't too crazy.

trlvn

Ultra Member
I used U-Ship once, a number of years ago, to send a chest of drawers from here in Oakville to outside Halifax, NS. Worked really well and was far less money that I expected. I selected 'white glove' shipping which meant that they carefully wrapped the piece in moving blankets before loading it on the truck. The truck was almost full when it arrived at my place so I believe my piece was just a little extra 'gravy' on a trip they were already going to make.

I imagine your parts would have to be in a crate or crates. I believe you can ask for quotes on U-Ship but are under no obligation until you agree to a quote.

Craig

RobinHood

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Day & Ross or Atlas Van Lines

Put the parts on a small pallet / box which can be moved by forklift / pallet jack easily and take it to one of their local terminals in AB. Ship it to their destination terminal closest to you in ON. Go pick it up when it gets there.

Did this three times in the past (ON to AB) with two lathes and one pantograph.

Worked great and price was right (back then).