• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Benchtop Metal Lathe for Sale, $1700, Carstairs, AB

YYCHM

(Craig)
Premium Member
ef6a3ee8-50ff-4f40-b415-5b99b1d4260b

b2a2971c-9e06-45a3-aa8a-360125851320

Tom Kitta

Ultra Member
Although that lathe appears to be in real nice shape, I believe those were extra poor/cheap alternative to the Atlas 618 at the time. I think they were made by or rebranded as "Dunlap".

Yep, its a cheap lathe from a cheap lathe maker. I would venture any mini lathe of today would do circles of today - they have also bigger swing and longer bed.

Not many of these lathes made it to today as they simply were cheap - same as I doubt we can find today any original mini lathes - I assume it would be hard - most would have been scrapped.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Tom you did very well imo, hope the buyer isn't too PO's at ya :D. That vendor here is in dreamland. Probably didn't have time to do any research after all the time spent cleaning up for the photo shoot lol.