Bench centre and positioner

GerryinBelleRiver

A friend of mine is selling a small bench centre . I believe it is either 10 or 12 inches between centre's and 3" from the centre's to the bed. Also has a 3axis positioner, weighs a ton.
He is asking $200 for the bench centre and $100 for the positioner, plus shipping.
If you are interested let me know but don't take too long as he has no appreciation for this kind of stuff and is liable to scrap them without letting me know.

Attachments

• 20211118_093054.jpg
    20211118_093054.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 20211118_093248.jpg
    20211118_093248.jpg
    308.6 KB · Views: 41

Brent H

Ultra Member
@GerryinBelleRiver - Patience is not a worry as I probably couldn't make it until the new year - I have to work Christmas until January 19th.

I am hoping to have a meeting of the Ontario guys who can make it in February - that would be a possibility....?

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Brent was in first, but just out curiosity, any idea its use/pedigree/maker? Its looks really well made but light, maybe for inspection duty or ???? vs a machining.

Brent H

Ultra Member
@Mcgyver - if you have a sooner need - no issue. I was thinking to mount a small vice on it and use it for detail work or for holding items I would be scraping in or making small changes to. Depending on its rigidity it may be of use on the sharpener as well.

Mcgyver

Ultra Member
Brent, thanks for the very kind offer, but you go ahead. I have no need other than the omnipresent burning me(n)tal affliction: I don't have one of those. :)

I was curious about it but not needful of it...just hadn't seen one like it before

Last edited:

GerryinBelleRiver

Brent was in first, but just out curiosity, any idea its use/pedigree/maker? Its looks really well made but light, maybe for inspection duty or ???? vs a machining.
The makers tag. Used to position work in 3 axis on a mill. As CNC mills operate in 3 and 4 axis it is a bit of a dinosaur put can still demand some decent coin. Seen them listed for $300 to $400. The fixture plate on it is probably worth the asking.

Attachments

• 20211118_093343.jpg
    20211118_093343.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 12

darrin1200

Darrin
Sorry @GerryinBelleRiver , I posted a link to CWW forum in the member spotted deals. I didn’t put 2 & 2 together and realize you were here also. I’ll have that post closed.
I was shocked when I saw the price of these on the grainger website.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
I have thought the closest member to me was an hour plus in London. But Belle River is closer still - maybe 40 minutes depending on where.

I'm on Lake Erie south of Chatham.

We get to Windsor fairly often so a logistics leg here is also possible.