• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

BBQ season is here

6.5 Fan

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I'm heading across the mighty Lake Diefenbaker for a brisket and rib competition that a buddy and i are entered into. We are hoping to improve our standing from last year, 3rd in brisket and 4th in ribs. Please don't ask for secret recipes, i could tell you but then i would have to............well you know what happens next. ;)

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
I'm heading across the mighty Lake Diefenbaker for a brisket and rib competition that a buddy and i are entered into. We are hoping to improve our standing from last year, 3rd in brisket and 4th in ribs. Please don't ask for secret recipes, i could tell you but then i would have to............well you know what happens next. ;)

Good luck to you and buddy enjoy your cook out, they say rain showers.

Brent H

Ultra Member
Brisket was on at 0630 and we are now heading through the stall. Butcher paper wrapped after injection of butter/beef tallow.

I trim most of the fat off and then rub on the following:

Fine chopped basil 1 cup
2 table spoons of:
Garlic power
Onion power
Kosher salt
Coarse black pepper
Mustard powder
Cayenne pepper (1 tbs)
4 tbs of olive oil
Bunch of Worcestershire sauce and add red house wine until it is a good paste that you can rub all over.

Some folks are just salt and pepper but heck, thats not as fun.

I have recently been rolling the flat and the point up and tying it up with butcher twine - very tender.

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Brisket was on at 0630 and we are now heading through the stall. Butcher paper wrapped after injection of butter/beef tallow.

Fine chopped basil 1 cup
2 table spoons of:
Garlic power
Onion power
Kosher salt
Coarse black pepper
Mustard powder
Cayenne pepper (1 tbs)
4 tbs of olive oil
Bunch of Worcestershire sauce and add red house wine until it is a good paste that you can rub all over.

I have recently been rolling the flat and the point up and tying it up with butcher twine - very tender.

Sounds WAAAYYYY better than crispy charcoal......

whydontu

I Tried, It Broke
Premium Member

Fine chopped basil 1 cup
2 table spoons of:
Garlic power
Onion power
Kosher salt
Coarse black pepper
Mustard powder
Cayenne pepper (1 tbs)
4 tbs of olive oil

do you need a tester? Asking for a friend…

Dusty

(Bill)
Premium Member
@6.5 Fan Friday morning here in Moose Jaw, looked like rain, muggy like rain, never rained, bone dry as usual, please let it rain.....!!

How well did your cook out go yesterday, how many people attended?

Bet there wasn't any left overs?