• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

BBQ Fork

Nice proportions. Is the handle ends also a bottle opener?

I have some gifts to make for some friends shortly and was thinking some nice forged BBQ tools might be appreciated. Still undecided.

Nice proportions. Is the handle ends also a bottle opener?

I have some gifts to make for some friends shortly and was thinking some nice forged BBQ tools might be appreciated. Still undecided.
Yes, it is a BBQ multi-tool and doubles as a bottle opener. It was a great project because it incorporated a lot of funamental skills, such as splitting, drawing tapers and punching holes. I found necking down the ends without using my guillotine tool to help keep things centered to be particularly challenging.

Yes, it is a BBQ multi-tool and doubles as a bottle opener. It was a great project because it incorporated a lot of funamental skills, such as splitting, drawing tapers and punching holes. I found necking down the ends without using my guillotine tool to help keep things centered to be particularly challenging.
Yes, there are a few fundamental blacksmith skills involved in that simple shape. I think it came out great.

Prolly does a mean colonoscopy too. I think my doc has a clone of that thing. Don't forget that prions (mad cow disease) can survive being steri

........some rednecks can to, but it shouldn't deter one from trying anyway. :rolleyes:
Nice job on the fork, when do we get the invite for it's inaugural use?;)
Come to the next Alberta chapter meeting and you will see it in action!

Back