• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

BB CX707 power cross feed?

ThorstenD

Hi all, as the subject line implies, I'm trying to find out whether this lathe has power cross feed. The BB website doesn't mention it, but I want to confirm one way or t'other from someone here who owns one.

Cheers, and thanks,
Thorsten

Yes it does (I recently bought one and love it). It is controlled by the same lever that controls the carriage feed, which is not to be mistaken for the dedicated threading feed as follows.

pg 20, fig 6 (ignore the rest, miss leading) link below for manual.

Knob 4 controls choice of thread (carriage only) or feed (carriage/slide).

Lever 9, thread engagement.

Lever 8, carriage feed, up or cross slide feed, down. (Zoom in on photo in second link and it shows the feed selection).

One word of warning do not use both (lever 8 and 9) at the same time damage could occur.

The Grizzly or PM manuals explain these functions better as they have been written in house and not a poorly translated Chinglish manual.

Last edited: