Back at it and a "new to me" Lathe

MikeANW

Hello Everyone......ive been away from machining for a lot of years.....I decided its time to get back at it and bought myself a Standard Modern 11" series 2000 lathe...missing a few parts which seem impossible to find!!!

Happy to be here and join the team, learn and try to contribute..........

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
Welcome. I hope a tailstock is not one of the missing items for your lathe. For some unknown reasons the tailstocks for SM lathes often seem to go M.IA.

Welcome from Lillooet BC. Try not to think of those parts as missing, just opportunities to make something new......:cool:

BaitMaster

Super User
The SM 1230 Utilathe I just bought came with a home made steady rest, and no follow rest. I don’t know if the ways are compatible between the two but I could forward pictures and measurements for inspiration if need be. Welcome!

MikeANW

The SM 1230 Utilathe I just bought came with a home made steady rest, and no follow rest. I don’t know if the ways are compatible between the two but I could forward pictures and measurements for inspiration if need be. Welcome!
Thank would be amazing! Yes please. Thanks.

Bandit

Super User
Welcome from south of Calgary, often the money is harder to find then the machines/or parts, then again space can be hard to find.