• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Atlas Lathe

Wow, now that is a good deal! I think I would buy that just for fun, tune it up and find someone that could use it!

Sweet.

If I’m not mistaken that is a 612, the baby brother to the 618. Turns 12” between centres by 6” swing. I’ve only been up close to one in the wild and they sure are cute. I’d love to have it were it not in Vancouver.

-frank

Yeah no kidding!

Up until about a month ago my closest sister was going over pretty regularly to settle my older sisters estate but that’s not needed much anymore. Otherwise it would be really tempting. I have one 618 as well as the Craftsman version of the same so would be exceptionally well tooled already for that little guy. What a person would do on it is another thing — even the 618 is pretty challenging sometimes for staying within the envelope.

-frank

Oh well, moot point anyways. Posting has already been deleted by the seller.

Back