• Scam Alert. Members are reminded to NOT send money to buy anything. Don't buy things remote and have it shipped - go get it yourself, pay in person, and take your equipment with you. Scammers have burned people on this forum. Urgency, secrecy, excuses, selling for friend, newish members, FUD, are RED FLAGS. A video conference call is not adequate assurance. Face to face interactions are required. Please report suspicions to the forum admins. Stay Safe - anyone can get scammed.

Atlas bench mill

You would think the seller or auctioneer would take there time to knock the dust and cobwebs off the machine. Would present - and sell - better if it didn't look like it was sitting in a pyramid for the last 2000 years.

It would be a fun project if it could be picked up for a decent price. The only thing I have heard is that the drive belt is quite unusual. It is rubber over steel wire. Somewhat of a strange size so it can't be directly replaced.

Up to $975, with the 15% commission that puts it over $1100. I'm out at that price, other things to spend a grand on.

With commission I would expect around 1500+

It is a great machine for someone with a basement shop. Even at 1500 its a steal - I mean a mini mill new with tax is 1500.

Already have a mill drill in the basement, will sleep on it. Auction isn't over till noon tomorrow, lots of time to change my mind. :rolleyes:

Already have a mill drill in the basement, will sleep on it. Auction isn't over till noon tomorrow, lots of time to change my mind. :rolleyes:
There is also GST and PST to add to the price. So as it is right now it would be just about $1250. Pretty rich for a machine that we don’t even know if it is working. Also the powerfeed engage and cut out handle is missing. Good luck finding one of those. Looks like the shaft is broken off.

I’m not sure. The thing that really made me pause was that I cant read the Change-o-matic gears through the red glass cover. Every other machine i have seen, you could easily read the speeds. Not this one. Is something missing? I don’t know bit it is enough that I only bid up to $550 then stopped.

Guess i should have drove up and had a good look at it. Already got burned enough at auctions i couldn't get to for a look before buying.

If you do not look at the equipment personally it is a high risk purchase - unless you absolutely have to have it then just bid to a price which one would call a steal - like it would be a good deal even if a car hit it.

Prices of equipment are going very high - expect mini mill to hit 2000 with taxes sometime in the first half of 2022 in ON. In AB so far we are blessed with no PST. So 8% saved.

Sask is 6%. Would be nice to be 0 but that won’t happen in my lfe. I agree prices are going higher. Glad i found mos of my stuff at decent prices. Except for my first lathe. Rookie mistake in pricing that one.

Sold for $1905+15% i'm glad i didn't have my black heart set on owning it. Daddy wants a plasma cutter.:)

A bit pricey but expected. Machine prices are going up and up and away. Besides a $1000 CAD nowdays has far lesser power then it did 10 years ago. With current inflation rates expect these machines to at least double in the next 10 years.

That is a crazy price, the machine needs everything done to it. And of course the Change-O-Matic stuff could be a mess or missing.
As a contrast, this is what I got for $1250 plus fees: I cleaned it but even that wasn't really necessary.

Attachments

• 20211102_150152 (Small).jpg
    20211102_150152 (Small).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 20211102_150124 (Small).jpg
    20211102_150124 (Small).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 18
My Gord! I wondered how many cutters were with that lot but I never suspected that many! If you had to pay retail, the cutters would be twice what you paid in total!

Craig

Back