Atlas 618 lathe parts

trlvn

Ultra Member
I am selling my Atlas 618 for parts. Please let me know if you need anything. Attached is the 618 parts diagram for reference.

Things that may be of interest:
* nearly new set of half-nuts (M6-12A)
* full set of gears (M6-101X, 9 gears, 8 sizes)
* faceplate (M6-365)
* various handles and levers
* back gear system in good condition
* proper 2-step motor pulley (M6-429, 5/8" bore with keyway)
* and so much more...

Located in Oakville, ON and can ship at buyers expense.

Craig
(Note: spindle is slightly bent hence not worth fixing.)

Attachments

• Atlas618_Repair parts list 1960.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 25

trlvn

Ultra Member
This is what the machine looks like now but I've had a fair bit of interest from Kijiji. I've got to disassemble the spindle and countershaft for parts that are already spoken for.

Atlas618s.jpg

Craig

Rauce

Ultra Member
There’s two folks on kijiji with wanted ads for small parts machines of any type FYI.

trlvn

Ultra Member
So far I seem to be doing pretty good in just 24 hours. Quite a few parts are spoken for. Some were picked up this afternoon, other I have to package and ship. One guy though was all keen and even texted that he was leaving to come to my place but he never showed up. If he doesn't resurface, I'll have to try to figure out what he was planning to take that others asked about.

Craig

DPittman

Ultra Member
Premium Member
I know when I was once looking for 618 parts on ebay I was astonished at how crazy expensive things were. Now I don't know they all were selling and they certainly did not sell much to me because of the price.

Your prices seem ok from what I remember and no doubt will help you liquidate your lathe.

trlvn

Ultra Member
@Tom Fitzpatrick I don't think anything from the 6 inch would fit a 12". Almost all the part numbers start with "M6-" which indicates they were designed for the Atlas 6 inch. There are a handful of parts with a part number like "9-" indicating they came from the 9 inch line.

Craig

trlvn

Ultra Member
Any of this still available? Looking for a back gear assembly (M6-243).
Hi:

Yes, I still have some parts of the back gear assembly. I'll have to pull out a box and check. Could you please send me a PM (maybe with a cell number) and I'll get you the details. Also, where are you located? I'm in Oakville, ON.

Craig

RPFIE

Hi:

Yes, I still have some parts of the back gear assembly. I'll have to pull out a box and check. Could you please send me a PM (maybe with a cell number) and I'll get you the details. Also, where are you located? I'm in Oakville, ON.

Craig
Hi Trivn, I've seen your ad for your Atlas M6 618 Lathe from last year. Just taking a chance you might still have some parts left. I live in Hamilton On not far from you. I could use the M6-61 cross slide BALL CRANK handle I know its not original but better than what I have now. (none), also the M6-12X Half nut assembly if possible, mine doesn't close down tight enough to travel with the feed rod. Also the M6-39X TOOL POST ASSEMBLY if available. Possibly also the whole M6-9XY CARRIAGE ASSEMBLY if you have it. I'm just starting out in this Lathe stuff and learning. Your help would be really appreciated, thanks Bob. Awaiting your reply...

Hi Trivn, I've seen your ad for your Atlas M6 618 Lathe from last year. Just taking a chance you might still have some parts left. I live in Hamilton On not far from you. I could use the M6-61 cross slide BALL CRANK handle I know its not original but better than what I have now. (none), also the M6-12X Half nut assembly if possible, mine doesn't close down tight enough to travel with the feed rod. Also the M6-39X TOOL POST ASSEMBLY if available. Possibly also the whole M6-9XY CARRIAGE ASSEMBLY if you have it. I'm just starting out in this Lathe stuff and learning. Your help would be really appreciated, thanks Bob. Awaiting your reply...
While we wait for Craig to reply, welcome to the forum from Lillooet BC. Have no fears, if someone here can't find the parts you need, we'll do our best to find you another lathe, maybe a milling machine too..... We really like spending other people's money, most of us have already spent our toy budgets, so we need new members to help spend theirs......
Don

Susquatch

Ultra Member
Administrator
Premium Member
Hi Trivn, I've seen your ad for your Atlas M6 618 Lathe from last year...... I'm just starting out in this Lathe stuff and learning. Your help would be really appreciated, thanks Bob. Awaiting your reply...
Welcome Scott.

Consider posting an introduction in the new members section. More members will see it there and you will get a bigger welcome. Plus, you never know who might have what you are looking for.

Tell us a bit about your history, your machines, your interests, and maybe how you found us.

Just click on the link below, and then hit the "Post Thread" button.

trlvn

Ultra Member
Sending pm...

Craig

trlvn

Ultra Member
Have you got the back gear? I'm looking for one of those.

@RPFIE is first in line at this point. I believe he is going to come and look at the remaining parts this week.

That said, I do have a damaged-and-repaired M6-243 back gear. It appears that it had catastrophic damage at some point and the small gear was built up with braze before recutting the teeth. I never used it as I got a much better used backgear package. I don't have any of the other parts for the M6-243X assembly anymore.

Craig

Elias

So how did you re-cut the teeth on the small gear? (there are three teeth broken out of mine). It probably wouldn't be much of a problem filing them out on the
big gear but the small one kind of presents a problem without a milling machine.