Atlas 10-F metal lathe for sale

trlvn

Ultra Member
10 inch swing and 33 inches between centres.

front_1_s.jpg Half horsepower motor with new safety switch. New belts. All gears in good condition with no broken or chipped teeth and full set of change gears. Includes lantern and 4-way tool posts along with lots of HSS bits and some carbide tooling. Three chucks: 2 3-jaws and one 4-jaw. Jacobs 1/2 inch capacity tailstock chuck. Live centre and dead centres.

Includes sturdy steel frame stand and small cabinet for tooling.

Machine had been idle for the past 25 years or more (no motor). Major components have been cleaned and lubed everything is working as it should. New split nuts, compound and cross-feed nuts. Bed is in excellent condition.

I'm selling because there is no way I can shoehorn this into my tiny shop.

Asking $1,075. Located in Oakville, ON.

chucks and gears_s.jpg tooling_1_s.jpg docs_s.jpg

Craig

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
What kind of material can this handle? Stainless, regular steel, aluminum?

I was told I’d need a decent size machine for stainless

trlvn

Ultra Member
It cuts regular steel easily. With sharp tools and light cuts I'm sure it can handle stainless steel. It has a decent range of speeds so I think it could use carbide tooling effectively.

Do you want to swing down and have a look?

Craig

Chicken lights

Forum Pony Express Driver
It cuts regular steel easily. With sharp tools and light cuts I'm sure it can handle stainless steel. It has a decent range of speeds so I think it could use carbide tooling effectively.

Do you want to swing down and have a look?

Craig
Possibly.

I’m trying to decide if I have enough need for a lathe. It’s partially a question of room, too. The machine shop I use in town cautioned me that the smaller lathes may be frustrating to use, because of their limitations

trlvn

Ultra Member
I was asked a question in a PM but can't seem to attach a picture to a reply there...

Here is a picture showing how the countershaft is attached to the bed and headstock and the motor is suspended on the c-shaft.

countershaft and motor.jpg

HTH,

Craig

Tom O

Ultra Member
10 inch swing and 33 inches between centres.

View attachment 5461Half horsepower motor with new safety switch. New belts. All gears in good condition with no broken or chipped teeth and full set of change gears. Includes lantern and 4-way tool posts along with lots of HSS bits and some carbide tooling. Three chucks: 2 3-jaws and one 4-jaw. Jacobs 1/2 inch capacity tailstock chuck. Live centre and dead centres.

Includes sturdy steel frame stand and small cabinet for tooling.

Machine had been idle for the past 25 years or more (no motor). Major components have been cleaned and lubed everything is working as it should. New split nuts, compound and cross-feed nuts. Bed is in excellent condition.

I'm selling because there is no way I can shoehorn this into my tiny shop.

Asking $1,075. Located in Oakville, ON.

View attachment 5462View attachment 5464View attachment 5463

Craig
i have that Atlas lathe book!